Tuesday, 17 May 2022

Blog post one!

         Today in AP chem VBeck isn't here, it's ab day for him I guess. Joe gave me a fortune cookie yesterday: 

 

    The "Adventure can be a real happiness" one was prescient, adventuring is kind of my thing. I'm not sure about Driver, I guess that one will reveal itself as time marches on. I went on an adventure Sunday. I scorched around the wetlands & got a little dirty and gross. There wasn't anyone around due to the rain. That's the great thing about days with light rain, most people think they shouldn't go out because it's raining, but it really isn't that bad. Those who are brave enough get the bike paths to themselves.
     I donned a raincoat and clothes I was okay with muddying and embarked. (The small brown bike was my vehicle of choice, of course) It was around 11am. The other thing about riding in the rain is how easy skidding becomes, and how green everything looks. A spectacle of verdant fecundity, y'know?

I looked for fish, but didn't see any :(

Ye olde S.B.B.

    The bird blind in the above picture was neat, but I couldn't actually see many birds from it today. I did see what was probably a great egret, and some red wing blackbirds, that was about it. Red wing blackbirds are everywhere in Baker wetlands. They love it there. I also saw tree swallows, always a pleasant sight. They have beautiful teal plumage that shines and iridesces like labradorite . This pair let me get close enough to take a picture, but not a very good one. :/
It's like that Regina Spektor song!
    I won't be able to do much adventuring today, homework and work will keep me off the bike, but school is nearly over and then I'll have more than enough time to go exploring. I'll keep you all posted. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 31

      I started to write something about how much I love riding my bike at night to put up on the blog. The basic draft went like this:     ...